As the name suggests, Adaptive learning is a training method that focuses on each student needs and preferences in order to boost the results of their training. Among the many advantages it offers for companies, this method improves the learning experience, making it more satisfying and beneficial for professionals. However, that’s not the only benefit. If you want to find out more about adaptive learning and everything it can do for your corporate training plan, read on!
Adaptive learning: keys to success
For a learning program to be defined as ‘adaptive’, it needs to meet several basic conditions:
- It should focus on content that is relevant to the learner. Furthermore, this content should be more practical than theoretical. Or, in other words, applicable to your day-to-day work.
- It should be aimed at each student individually, based on their needs and preferences.
- It must offer active learning, in which the student continually interacts with resources and activities.
What is more, for adaptive learning to be truly effective, we must be able to measure and optimize it. To do so, the platforms used to deploy the program should be capable of extracting and analyzing data. This way, we can precisely track each employee’s interests, activities, and progress and create more effective activities and content.
Why adaptive learning is the best choice for your business
- It generates greater commitment among your employees:
By finding content that is truly relevant to them, you’ll be able to increase your team’s motivation and knowledge retention. We all like to learn in a unique way that considers our specific needs.
- It increases productivity:
Employees don’t learn everything – only the content that will be useful to them in their daily work and that can help them develop as professionals What’s more, they will become more independent when it comes to training, helping to optimize the time and effort required in the process.
- It improves the management of training time:
Adaptive learning will reduce the time taken for an employee to complete a course. This way, the time that would have been spent on training can now be devoted to other valuable tasks.
How to put it into practice in your company
First of all, you’ll need to consider the various models available.
- The empowerment model
This model highlights the need to empower the student/employee, allowing them to take control of their learning. How do we do it? How do we do it?
- By creating open content training itineraries, each employee can design their learning, choosing only the courses they need.
- By creating courses in which students are not obliged to view all content, only the content that is useful to them, while omitting anything that will not be relevant to their training.
- The pathway model
This model is so named because each student or category group receives a learning route or pathway based on their needs. However, at the same time, this pathway forms part of a broader, global learning journey. The advantage of these learning pathways is that they can be designed by the organization or the employee, allowing them to control the interactions that will determine their next steps.
- The differentiation model
The underlying principle of this model is that the content of a course should differ according to the commitment, motivation, prior knowledge, or values of employees. Here, the organizer can differentiate students by adding them to groups or allowing them to assign these themselves.
- Entry assessments will be very useful for employees’ prior knowledge and skills.
- Artificial intelligence has also been providing some very interesting solutions in this area, helping to automatically define which types of content are best suited to each student.
Once you’ve chosen your model, you will need to select an e-learning solution to help you implement this form of learning.
Today, online training platforms go far beyond the traditional LMS. These offer more modern and intuitive interfaces that mimic the user experience of streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, or HBO while presenting a much more dynamic way of organizing information. Furthermore, thanks to their machine-learning and artificial intelligence features, they provide access to your training content based on the needs and interests of your users. Want to know more? Discover isEazy LMS and create a unique learning experience.